What We Offer
Our goal is to keep families close as their children receive medical care away from home. The thoughtful design of the Ronald McDonald House creates an atmosphere of privacy as well as community.
Our House includes the following services and furnishings:
- A one bedroom apartment that is equipped with a queen sized bed, a private bath, a kitchen, living room with a pull out sofa.
Each suite offers cable television, WI-FI access and telephone and voicemail access
- 24 hour laundry facilities where all laundry supplies are generously donated
- Linens and towels
- The top floor creates a sense of community with a large dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, play room for the children, family lounges and computer area with four computers and a printer so families can stay connected to loved ones.
- Pantries are always stocked with comfort foods for the families
- Volunteers cook meals 3 to 5 times a week for our families
- Special events occur including visits from a local hair salon, massage therapists and therapy dogs.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is connected to the Ronald McDonald House via a third floor walkway. Families are now just an elevator ride away from their children.
- The Ronald McDonald House is located on the public bus route.
- Ronald McDonald House offers paper products, cleaning supplies and other amenities.