Keeping Families Close
Few medical crises are more devastating or frightening than a child with a life-threatening disease, unexpected injury or illness. When a family has to travel to another city or state to receive medical care for their child, the added stress and financial burden can be overwhelming. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Pittsburgh was created to help ease some of these burdens, keeping families close when they need it most.
Our House Includes:
- A one bedroom apartment that is equipped with a queen sized bed, a private bath, a kitchen, living room with a pull out sofa. Each suite offers cable television, WI-FI access and telephone and voicemail access.
- 24 hour laundry facilities where all laundry supplies are generously donated
- Linens and towels
- The top floor creates a sense of community with a large dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, play room for the children, family lounges, and computer area with four computers and a printer.
- Pantries are always stocked with comfort foods for the families.
- Volunteers cook meals 3 to 5 times a week for our families
- Special events occur including visits from a local hair salon, massage therapists and therapy dogs.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is connected to the Ronald McDonald House via a third floor walkway. Families are just an elevator ride away from their children.
- The Ronald McDonald House is located on the public bus route
- Ronald McDonald House offers paper products, cleaning supplies and other amenities.
Our staff is available to families in case of an emergency 24 hours per day.
Eligible families may check in to RMHC Pittsburgh between 2 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; check-in times are determined when staff confirms the reservation with the family. Check-out times vary due to the families’ individual situations.
We are located at:
451 44th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201